Knowledge Base Contributions
Below is a list of the knowledge base entries that Matt Gregory has contributed to:
- How can I make a complete separation between Forms design and PHP programing (form fields validation, insert/update database, etc) ?
- Why do my transparent gifs look blocky?
- My animated gifs are too large!
How bring down my animated gif file size?
- How do I design a graphical website?
What formats work best on the web?
How much graphics is too much on the Internet?
- What are some choices in graphic editing tools?
- How do I choose an image format?
- How do I sort a list of URLs on a page alphabetically?
- What does PHP stand for?
- How do I build a search engine using blob fields from SQL databases in PHP?
- Lost Last-Modified when set apache to use PHP4 module for all .htm/.html files. Can one have PHP4 parse .htm/.html and keep the Last-Modified header?
- How can I compare two queries that are generated from a MySQL database and specify the differences on the page shown to the page viewer?
- How can I pass information from a membership database (text file) into the Chat Client. Using PHP?
- How can I display a number with thousand separator querying an SQLServer 7 table (number_format does not work with PHP 401 - error: unknown function)
- Can I migrate an application using IIS4 and ASP with calls to ActiveX and OCX controls to PHP?
- Has anyone connect to an Oracle server through ODBC? Please How?
- SSI document using <--#exec cgi="/file.php"--> it always says "X-Powered-By: PHP/4.0.1pl2 Content-type: text/html" above the output... don't want it
- I would like to create a user authentication system, but when they log in, how would i make it personalized.
Can you tell me why I always get ?PHPSESSID=fc912e31cae17760fd97ce9f4684ae18 attached to all my link
- How do I display items in many columns and rows from mysql?
- How do I write a PHP script that would add up numbers in fields that go with certain Names in a mysql table?
- Why does PHP4 sometimes think a function is already declared when I reload the page(i.e., it crashes trying to 'redeclare')?
- How do you Insert strings with new-line characters (Enter-key in textarea) with a SQL string? (Access, ODBC)
- I get 'permission denied' on trying to create or append to a file under NT, why?
Permission Denied! Anything can be done to avoid without giving 777 permission?
- Installed PHP3.0.16 (WinNT4 SP5 IIS3) associated PHP in Registry, but it is not being processed
- I am using PHP4 with PWS.I get an error "403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden" even though I have give execute permission to c:\inetpub\wwwroot
- How can I connect to oracle 7 with an externally identified (windows nt) user
- What is the best algorithm for matching key B to key A and applying value B to value A from list B to list A where B > A (many : 1)
- What is the minimum number of iterations to sort a list of length N?
- How to print from a client under Windows?
- Passing variables with REQUIRE function (part II)
In http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/1205/fid/40 it is stated that require 'copies'
- How can I split text files if the are very long?
- How do I create a link from mysql, but hide the actual directory and page name to prevent bookmarking? The link needs to be different each time.
- How do I prevent PHP3 to prepend "http://localhost/php3/php.exe/" to my img src tags?
- error: Cannot load Libphp3.so into server. Libphp3.so undefined symbol ap_regexec. What is this?
- Can I change the value of include_path dynamically (at execution time)? How do I restore it back to what it was?
- How can I force the page shown after pushing an Input button (in a form) to be shown in the same frame?
- How do I create a dynamic hyperlink in PHP?
- How can I send an email in both txt and HTML format and have only 1 be display in the users email program?
- When I try to run a script I've got a message box saying "couldn't find MSVCRTD.dll library in specified path <win path env>". What's going here?
- I couldn't use mysql_errno in PHP4 with mysql l3.24.14, that return "Undefined function". Why?
- I have made a web page generator, I'm having trouble trapping the parsed php3 file and saving it as a normal html file on the server..any ideas???
- how do i compare and check the user input password from form with encrypted one in the Apache htaccess password file
- How to pass login and password from first level script to third level script (that means one script is included in another,like that 3 levels)?
- Poor Performance of a PHP-based Application operating with a MS-ACCESS database
- Is it possible to PUSH content through PHP3 like the server time every second?
- How do I make an line graph from the information returned by a query?
- How could I echo a variable which include "<? XXX ?>"
- where can i find information for creating web based unix administration pages through php?
- Where could I get sybase(db-lib) dll for php on Win NT
- I store "\" as a hidden data and upon submitting the form, on the receivng php page shows up as "\\". Why is this so ?
- I can upload files and send mails with PHP, how do I attach these files to my mail?
- How do I get Apache to default to index.php3?
- Is there any native support for MSSQL 7 in PHP4, and if so, how can I use this?
- How can I send the message from my machine to another person who has logged in my web-page?
- which version of informix do i use with php
- how can I proceed to implement chat using PHP3.0?Any related link for my query?
Can you provide more details on implementing chat with PHP?
Can you provide more details on implementing chat with PHP?
- How do I compile a dynamic loadable XML parser module for use under Unix?
- I can save info from forms in cookies, but how do I save variables generated throughout the code?
- What should I consider when making cross-platform scripts (Linux/Apache vs NT/IIS)?
Why do my quieries work for mySQL-NT but not for mySQL on Linux?
Why do my scripts work on Linux but not on NT?
- Does PHP have a dictionary object like the one in ASP?
How do I do linked lists?
How do I make an associative array?
- What are the default values of uninitalized variables in PHP?
- How do I open a directory located on a remote machine (WinNT), with proper permissions?
- I can't find apxs file in my Red Hat 6.1 Linux system, why?
- Where can I get the apache-devel and freetype-devel files for installation?
- How can you display your PHP source code to the browser?
- How do I remove a single line from a multi-line text file?
- How do I make PHP available to non-admin users without comprimising security?
- Is there any way to maintain a global variable which will be accessible from all scripts?
- Are there classes available which train people in PHP use?
- How do I track file downloads for storage in a database?
How do I get information from Apache?
How can I send files to the client?
- How do I control the number of bytes sent to an output file in PHP?
- Do PHP3 or PHP4 support Windows Component Object Model framework?
- I canīt run PHP scripts in my linux server, there is a message at browser"Midgarg module not found".
- How can I translate preformatted text to HTML code in PHP?
- How to display other language (Chinese Big 5) with imagestring() function?
- Why does the echo command not give a line break in the browser output for \n?
- How do I upload a file to an FTP site from my webpage?
- How can I establish a connection to oracle?
how can I get an Oracle query result into a list box at a html page?
- How go to another page or redirect from within a PHP script?
- How can I view php script results on my local machine?
- How do I find the file I just uploaded to the webserver and load it?
- Why can anyone see any files on the server using directory functions?
- setcookie(), mcrypt(), and string truncation.
- How do I install PHP3 to work with Apache 1.3.9?
How do I install PHP3 to work with postgreSQL?
- How do I set up PHP with Xitami?
- How do I create create a secure directory in my document root?
- Does PHP support HMAC-MD5 Keyed-Hashing for Message Authentication?
- What major databases are supported on Linux?
- Where can I find ODBC Drivers for Linux or do they even exist?
- Table size limit errors in Paradox.
Table size limit errors in Paradox.
- What libraries are available which are fully cross-platform for FoxPro?
What libraries are available which are fully cross-platform for dBase?
What libraries are available which are fully cross-platform for Clipper?
- How do I create a table in MySQL from within a php script?
mysql_query("CREATE TABLE" works with MySQL3.22.26a, but not with MySQL 3.22.32 . Why?
- How can I show Oracle results in tranditional Chinese(big 5) with PHP?
- How do I execute a CGI script from PHP?
- is PHP supported for Alpha machines
- How do I select the entries which where inserted during the last 28 days from a table which has a datetime field?
- How can a Java-Applet(Client-side) Post data to a PHP-script?
How can a Java-Applet(Client-side) Post data to a PHP-script?
- when I restart apache after I uncommented out the php3 Load and Add module statements in httpd.conf, apache won't restart.
- How can I work out the difference (in number of days) between two dates in yyyy-mm-dd format?
- Is there a php function that can list all the current scripts $variables?
- How do I insert text into a field when the text contains single or double quotes?
- How can I use PHP to display results by page (Like in Google)
- How do I build dynamic websites with PHP and templates?
- Any suggestions for a link checker for a site of php3 scripts?
- Troubles configuring PHP3
- Can I have two IDs link to one record in a joining table?
- How can I setup PHP3 with Linux and an Apache with an MS-SQL 6.5 Server under NT4.0
- What WebServer should I use for PHP3 or PHP4? And where can I get it?
- How can I let users upload files and store them in a database?
How do I insert a client-side file into a BLOB in an Oracle or mySQL database?
- How do I get an image in a mySQL/Oracle (or other) blob fields to display on a regular html page?
- Why does require($file_name) in a loop just include the first file repeatedly?
- Upon successful compilation of PHP3 with Linux, my Apache server (1.3.9) gives the error message "Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp3.so into server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp3.so: undefined symbol: open64". How can I solve this problem?
- Is there a manual for SQL available?
- How do I get PHP to return 1250 characters from Oracle instead of ASCII?
- How can I create variables that are available in all scripts?
How can I create an array to access from various scripts without passing it using GET or POST?
- What does the error 'Warning: 1 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource' mean?
- How do I perform MS-SQL or ODBC operations on an NT DB server if my PHP is running on UNIX.
- Why is my text insert into MSSQL being truncated?