Knowledge Base Contributions
Below is a list of the knowledge base entries that Michael Chermside has contributed to:
- Is there anyway by which the changes made to the saved script can be reflected in the interactive??
- Is it possible to have a list that automatically extends when I assign to a non-existant element?
- How do i get the file name which a File object is representing?
- How do I empty a list?
- How do I delete one specific list item?
- how do i convert a number in base b to a number in base 10 using python
- How do I get the pid from os.popen?
- how to copy a file and at the same time i want to change some text to the newfile
- How do you enter a numeric range (e.g. 0-255) in an RE when matching?
- How do I get the absolute path of a module from within the module? (os.getcwd does not do the trick)
- How do I extract a substring from a string?
- How do I invoke Python code from Java?
- How would one implement (in Python) something similar to C's "enum" type?
- How can I make a python program "sleep" or pause for a moment?
- How can I just exit without freeing all the objects still in memory?
My program runs fine but is very slow to exit. Can I speed it up?
- how do I pass arguments (whats the correct syntax) to the os.system command?
- Can I use Python in VB.NET? If so, how do I add it to my project....
- How can I make an iterator for lists with features like advance/regress or failfast?
How can I advance/regress in a for loop?
- How can I get the name of the current function / function that called this one?
- I don't like typing "self." all the time, can I avoid it?
I don't like having to type "self." all the time, can I avoid it?
- How do Python and Haskell compare?
- I have a really big XML file, but only need to read a small part. Do I have to read it all in memory to parse?
- A URL I want to share in my email is so long it breaks & becomes unclickable. How can I shorten it?
How can I shorten long URLs?
What is SnipURL?
- How can I use a DOM to create an XML document?
- How do I sort a list based on some attribute(s) of the objects in the list?
How do I sort a list based on some attribute(s) of the objects in the list?
- Do anyone know a way to play a cdrom track on linux?
- I'm using properties, and "get" seems to work, but if I call "set" it all starts behaving strangely. Why?
- What does the role of "Knowledge Administrator" entail?
- How do I send anonymous mail using Python on Windows ?
- Why do I sometimes find questions I edit mangled? (eg: knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/4421/fid/541)
- Is there an elegant way to select the longest string from a list?
- I have a list of strings (or characters), how do I join it into one large string?
- How do I invoke Python code from C/C++?
- How do I invoke Python code from Perl?
- How do I invoke Perl code from Python?
Is there a module for invoking perl code?
Can I run CPAN modules in Python?
- But Python doesn't have a do...while (aka: repeat...until) loop! What do I do?
- How do I select n items starting from position p in a list or string?
- Of what use is the "else" clause in "for" and "while" loops and "try" statements?
- How do I find out what modules are available on my system?
- How do I send binary data to stdout under windows?
How do I generate an image or other binary data in a cgi script on windows?
- How do I process a file line-by-line?
How about a simple example of using a file iterator.
- Is the sort() method on lists stable?
How do I perform a "stable" sort on a list?
What algorithm is used for the sort() method on lists?
- Is there a way I can use staticmethod and classmethod in Python 2.1?
How can I create "static" (class-level, not instance-level) methods?
- How do I get an accurate count of the amount of Python code in my project?
- What is so good about curl that would justify paying its high liscensing fees?
- How do I make a cursor or selected item blink?
- Is there an easy way to use properties for simple things like bounds checking or default values without coding each and every one?
- Is there a really good package for doing date and time operations?
- How do I loop through 2 (or more) lists at the same time?
- How can I mix C code with python?
How do I make the core loop of my program run faster?
- What is a "classmethod" for?
How is "classmethod" different from "staticmethod"?
- Which Python Wiki is the definitive one?
- How do I release a resource used by a generator?
- How do i join a list of numbers? (ie print out a=range(1,5) as 1:2:3:4:5
- Is there a site which can show me tutorials, sample code, and other information on wxPython?
Is there a news group or mailing list where I can get answers to wxPython questions?
- What language is fastest / easiest / best for my project?
- How can I insert a node in a list?
- A newbie asks: Is is possible to use variables in a class name? ex. x=foo.bar.VARIABLE.method()
- I get a MemoryError using <file>.read on an AIX machine with lots of memory. How can I use more?
- What is this symbol use for % ?...besides percent :-)
- Example of subclassing from a type, iterators, generators
- Can I keep a python in Queensland?
- How does runs Python 2.x on Windows multi CPU machines?
- How can you create a function that works like print, not requiring parenthesis around its arguments?
- How do you parse a string and not a file?
- How does Python do parameter passing, by value or by reference?
- How do I retrieve an https (SSL) url?
- I'd like to know if PYTHON can count words and characters , not including spaces, as easily as PERL. ex. $words=split(/\s/,$_), $chars=tr/A-Za-z0-9//;
- How do I install NumPy?
- Could anybody tell me the command to build a 2D array?
Could anybody tell me the command to build a 2D list?
- Is there an IPC module in Python?
- Order of keyword arguments
- Converting two lists into one dictionary
- A sorted list
How can I create a list which is maintained in sorted order?
- Where can I find informations about the Gnuplot module?
- How can I print a string without a newline afterwards?
- How do Python and Visual Basic compare?
- How can I find a good list of web hosting companies that support python?
- How do Python and Java compare?
How do Python and Java compare?
- Is it possible to create constant integers, floats etc?