Sell Your Home Fast With These Tips | Fast Expert
There are many situations that may require moving out of your home quickly. Here are a few tips on how to sell your home fast.
Preparing To Sell Your Home Fast
Before hiring an agent or listing your home on the market, give your home a mini-makeover by doing the following tasks.
Declutter and De-personalize
When prospective buyers enter your home, you want them to envision themselves living there. If you have personal items scattered throughout your house, it is more difficult for them to picture themselves moving in, so be sure to:
- Store all unnecessary clutter in a storage unit.
- Maximize closet space by keeping only a few things in each storage area — storage space is a hot item on every buyer’s list.
- Hire professional cleaners to deep clean your home.
- Consider having a professional stager attractively arrange each room.
Enhance Curb Appeal
Put in the work to increase the exterior look of your home. Prospective buyers will frequently drive by your home before contacting their agent for a house visit. If you are strapped for time, hire a professional to do a thorough yard clean-up. Ensure that the following are done to sell your home fast:
- Clear debris from all pathways
- Remove distracting cobwebs and dirt from your entryway
- Replace any broken light fixtures
- Replace your mailbox and house numbers
- Prune hedges, shrubs, and overgrown trees
- Powerwash driveway and house exterior
Invest in Minor Repairs
You do not need to execute major renovations to sell your home quickly. Go through each room and handle any easy fixes that can potentially distract buyers:
- Repair loose tiles and door handles
- Fix any leaky faucets
- Apply a fresh coat of neutral paint
- Replace outdated light fixtures
- Consider installing new hardware on all doors and cabinets
These little fixes go a long way in improving the overall feel and look of each room.
Creating a Strategy To Sell Your Home Fast
The following actions can finetune your selling strategy.
Select Your Selling Approach
There are two basic ways you can choose to sell your home:
- Selling for sale by owner: Some people opt for the FSBO route to minimize extra fees and maximize profits. This option is only recommended for those who are experienced in the real estate arena.
- Hiring a top-rated agent: A professional agent knows the ins and outs of property transactions and has access to a wide buyer’s network. Some agents may even be able to find interested buyers before your house gets listed on the market.
Price Your Home To Sell
A real estate agent is able to calculate a competitive price to attract many buyers to purchase your home. On the flip side, if the market in your area is slow, your agent can also predict when to lower your sale price to sell your property in a timely manner.
At Fast Expert, we aim to connect you to a highly rated real estate agent to sell your home fast. We offer the largest online database of agents so that you can pick one with confidence. Search the real estate agent directory for your agent today!