Knowledge Base Contributions
Below is a list of the knowledge base entries that Jean-Bernard Valentaten has contributed to:
- how to check if a number is even or uneven?
- how can i find all duplicate values within an array?
- can I assign a value to a global variable inside a function and access the global variable outside
- How do I confirm that the first 2 (or other) characters in a string are zeros.
- How can I preload a frames. I use three frames in my HP. I wish to preload one of them (the menu).
- I am working with an invoice form. I want my calculations to not display in a text field. How?
- onUnload event handler doesn't work in Opera7.11, alert() etc. do not trigger! Plz Help, thx
- How can i save a div absolute position into a mysql table with js & php? thanks in advance
- IE6 standards-compliant mode ROW HEIGHT
How can I create a 3-row-table with HEIGHT 100%, where row 1 and 3 should have a FIXED height (25px)
...and row 2 a VARIABEL height, taking THE REMAINING x% of the page, using IE6 STANDARDS-COMPLIANT M
... MODE (DOCTYPE XHTML 1.0 Strict) It works in MOZILLA and IE TRANSITIONAL mode.
This does NOT work in IE6 with <DOCTYPE strict>. ANYBODY ELSE?
This does NOT work in IE6 with <DOCTYPE strict>. ANYBODY ELSE?
This does NOT work in IE6 with <DOCTYPE strict>. ANYBODY ELSE?
- Is it possible to resize a browser window to specifed dimensions with an onLoad command? (f so, how?
- How can I add a reference to an external JS file using DOM methods ( like <script src="..">
- how to detect whether the popup window is open or closed from parent window even it is refreshed
- I want to display a link in the alert box? can some body help me doing this.
- How do you find the number of 1 bits in an integer?
- Is it possible to validate a text field in a form so the entered val can only be multiples of 100?
- How can i Escape Special Chars in NN6? alert(escape('Würzburg')); only Alerts a 'W'
- I have 2 Combo Boxes. Support its name is "A" and "B".
- why ENTER KEY does not post a page when i querystring a page ...! but it works fine when i submit
- document.formName.submit() isn't submitting the form. Can anyone give suggestions for this to work?
- How can i save a browser window(no menubar, toolbar) as an image(jpeg/gif/bmp)?
- How can I detect if the document in an iframe is from a different domain?
- How can somebody enter something into a textarea, and visit that page again and it's still there?
- How to reset form fields in NN6 without explicitly calling the field by its name or ID
- How do I pass text ( 5000 char) from one page to other w/POST without SUBMIT
- What is java coding to insert for an .EXE file to RUN, but not be asked to be downloaded ?
- How can I get the country-state-region selection..... the data should be picked from database.. help
- How can one checkbox check other checkboxes randomly?
- how do you add up the results from a for loop? (enter1,2,3,4) result = 10
- How do I change an image in one frame named "leftFrame", when another frame, "rightFrame", loads
- I have one link opening a new window, how do i get the 2nd link to prefill the form fields in windw?
- How do I detect if the users browser supports layers?
- How can i disable "save as" in the browser under file category pls expalin in both IE and NS.
How Do you disable the SaveAs
Are there any good java script codes avalible
- push and pop
- Upload a file from UNIX using POST: Does any one know how of a script or unix commands to upload fil
- I need to parse a string and it's getting hairy!
- How can I invoke a function dynamically, if I know its name (as a string. not as function reference)
- How do I make a group of variable arrays available to a group of htms called by a frameset?
- Is it possible to retrieve last modified / creation date AND time from a file?
- Can anyone tell me how to open an Office application(ie powerpoint) from a web page
- how can i address a function within a frame of a popup window?
- how can i upload a local text file in a textarea control
- How can I dynamically write a table into a layer?? document.write() won't do.
- Can I customize onbeforeunload event?
- How can i maximize a window from within the same window? Is there any property to set for that...
- how do i get the counter hit for site
- How can I clear my checkboxes in Netscape 6.0 by selecting the browsers reload frame option.
- Can I use innerHTML of textfield for using <sup> to express 2 power 3?If not how to do it?
- How do I monitor content of a text field *while* a user is typing?
- How do you use a function variable from the parent page in the child page?
- Has an input of type image a click method?
- How to match the character . using regular expression
- How can i configure Dream Weaver to use logical hebrew that was created with filtered word documnet
- I have a login where I dont want a particular user to login more than one session. How do I do this?
- I want to be able to refresh the contents of 2 frames - f1 and f2 - when I press submit button in f2
- How do I get my script to fail gracefully on browsers with scripting disabled?
- How to substract one Array from another Array and get an Array as its result
- The following regular expression only works with PC why? re = /\r\n/g,
- How can I make every request from my browser to hit server and disallow it to pick from the cache?
- How can I flip (rotate) an image 90 degrees using an onclick event?
- Why I got 'Access is Denied' error when using setTimeout('win.document.execCommand("saveAs")',500)?
- How do you refresh a parent window only when a child window is closed?
- How can I validate for having ONLY 3 letters at the begining, then 6 numbers after (always this form
- Why can't I have an onLoad event in an iFrame tag on IE 5.0?
- How can I redirect to a new url after a certain amount of time from a current document?
- How do I set the width of each cell of a table by getting the width from cells of a different table?
- I want a file to be automatically attached to an e-mail message when an e-mail hyperlink is clicked.
- which event should i capture when the browser closes using the x button.
Unload button is also fired when we go back or foraward from a page.How to Stop that..i only want it
- How can a client see if a .js library file has been updated before downloading the entire file
- My system freezes when I click a button that is a javacsipt (using IE 5.5) How do I resolve this?
- How can I set to 0 the margin of a "window.open" document?
- How can I execute an ASP page WITHOUT opening a window (hidden)?
- How do I protect and verify passwords without using server-side scripts
- can you use params when assigning values eg doc.form.field.value=doc.form.(otherfield+InParam).value
- How can I emulate the back button when the previous page viewed is on a different domain?
- How can I disable the Vertical Scrollbar in IE6 running in fullscreen mode?
- Can i open my Home page without Tool bars and Menu bar
- Why does setting onClick="dothis()"; work but not onclick="dothis();"? Note the capital "C".
- How can i remove "Microsoft Internet Explorer" string from the title bar in IE 6 ?
- How do you alert a user that only one option can be selected at one time?
- After an applet loads, is there a way for it to send info back to the web page (client or server)?
- Can the source code be saved to a file when the page is done loading?
- how can i upload files(any kind of file) from my java applet to serevr
- Any way to do this: document.getElementsByTagName('head').appendChild('myScript.js'); in NN4?
- How can i get the count of the number of elements after using the string.split function?
- How do I disable the "edit" button in the toolbar, and "view" in the menu-bar, of a browser?
- I cannot get a new doc. to load using the location object and any of its properties in IE5.0(SP1).
- How can you submit 2 forms:one popup second:main window
- is it possible to create document.all from all elements for use in IE?
- I am unable to change the window location by using window.location.href or window.navigate when the
I am unable to change window's location by using window.location.href in Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2.
- How do I create arrays based on an loop of variable number of records and then compare each array
- I would like to disable on my webpage ctrl alt delete and exit it when page exits - any language!!!!
- How do I validate that a button has been clicked. Onclick of button A, was button B ever clicked?
- Why first time popup opens without the content? Second time same window opens up with content.
- Is this silly - value.split("px") -- returns 45 if 45px is in value. Is there another easier way?
- How can I use multiple cabinet files for installing my applet code in Client machine (IE only) ?
- How can I execute a Java Script from inside a Flash movie?
- How to set the margins for tables, i.e i want the texts to be away from the table borders.
- Until java liveconnect doesn't work on NN6 is there another way to do applet browser communication?
- is there a way to get rid of the right scroll bar once a page has loaded.
- How to get notified when the mail was read by the recipient?
- say this variable $worlds has "red hat server" how can I make this change two "red+hat+server"
- How to keep the address in address bar fixed when a user visits diff. pages without using Frameset?
- How can I prevent a window with the frameset page from being resized?
- Is it possible to convert a local variable to a Global variable?
- How can I submit dynamically created rows in a table with my form?
- how can I view the source (content) of a file included via <script src=xxx></script>?
- Why does referencing a dynamically generated function (via layer.insertAdjacentHTML) give an error?
- Why does referencing a dynamically generated function in IE fail?
- Is there a way to replace an array item? Can I make an array list out of variables, for example?
- How can I redirect according to browser country. I.e. like sites with .com send you to .co.uk ?
- Is there a way to capture if the person has clicked on the refresh button of the browser?
Is there a way to refresh a JSP which is covered by 5-7 frames(wrapper for the site. frameset) ?
- How do I pass a variable to a new window, and use that varialbe in the new window?
- Can I SUBMIT a FORM to a DYNAMIC URL based on the value of a RADIOBUTTON ?
- How can I check if the server uses mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy for solution on American and British sys
- I have a great window.open script but can't figure out how do I open more than one window per page?
- how can i write a string variable to an existing textarea....and maintain line breaks e.g. \r or \n
- How do you open a new browser window after a period of 15 secs have elapsed?
- Is there a way to change the mouse pointer with a different image while in a browser window?
- How can I change the bgcolor of a <tr> when a checkbox has been selected, like hotmail now does?
- How to prevent focus to location bar when I want the focus to be on the field after validation?
- Is it possible to read the source code of websites NOT stored locally?
- How to create POST string on submit from an array of data?
Rewrite the submit-method to post a string not form elements?
- how can i find out that which button was clicked on the same document
- How do I loop through an array?
- How to save an image with a left click (without right clicking it)?
- How do I automaticaly close a window when it loses focus on IE5.5 ?
onBlur="self.close();" displays confirm dialog in IE5/6. how to circumvent?
Quick script to open popup and close original without the annoying IE message confirmation?
- How can I interface my flash appli with js ?
- How can I save an image from a website onto my local computer automatically?
- Form to email will send data and redirect the user in IE but not in NN
- How can i retrieve CLASS/ID value onMouseOver for any element (no function call from element) ?
- Send/recive data(text2hidden) from pop up,to the leftFrame of my mainFrame, which called the popup?
- How can I print more copies of one document?
- How do i disable the save as button from any browser when my webpage is loaded
- How can i set the size of a textfield for IE5.x and NN4.x to get an equal look?(with font arial)
I've tried the size of a textfield for IE5.x and NN4.x to get an equal look, still doesn't look equa
- quelle est l'instruction ā mettre dans le header pour forcer une page html ā se mettre dans le cache
- How i can disable alt+tab key?
- Does anyone have a script that refreshes a web page when it is opened and then every 2 minutes
- Clicking a button,new window is opened &it is minimised.If same button clicked,same window be opened
- How can I get the Martin Honnen's 2/10/2000 scrollable TABLE BODY to work on IE5.5
Is there an answer to this question "How can I get the Martin Honnen's 2/10/2000 scrollable TABLE BO
- How can I change the icon in the titlebar
- How can I only print the contents of a table or scrollable table?
Could you provide some codes please? Thanks.
How can I print all rows of a scrollable tbl?(some rows are visible and some not until you scrolldwn
I use media=print & media=screen but it didn't work. It just prints rows that are visible on screen.
- Why is " if (window.opener && !window.opener.closed)" false? I canīt return value from popUp to wind
of the popup window to the parent window?
- CSS in Netscape 6 is buggy?
- how do I change the color of a link after it is clicked?
- When building layer content from JS arrays, NN4 is VERY slow. IE4+ is lightning fast. Why? How can I solve this problem?
- Hello, I would like to send a js-variable to a textfile(for using it in flash) could you please tell me how I can do that
- How do I communicate between JS and a Java Applet using NN6 (since NN6 has no build in JavaVM)?
- How do I forward to URLs that have & in them
- are you able to change the color of scroll bars?
- how do i refresh a webpage from a page that was opened by the original page
- How can I perform a find across multiple frames? I've tried capturing 'ctrl-f' but the system gets a hold of it first, before my script.
- i want to know the index number selected then what should i write?
- Is there a window properties variable that will act in the same way as the setTimeout function?
- How do I change the bgColor of a layer in another frame with an onClick event?
- How can I set a fixed background for NN like in www.nedcom.nl/fixed.htm?
- How can I add rows to a table? Suppose all rows have the same amount of cells.
- How to download a user specified file based on multiple select boxes with multiple options in each, and a submit button?
- Reloading the Page, fails to load the SCRIPT tag with SRC=somefile.js ?
- I would like to make a message pop up when the user tries to exit a page saying please logoff properly, then return to the original page. How?
- How can I write text on an angle over another image based upon what the user enters through an HTML form.
- How do I get a list of fonts available on a user's computer?
- workaround? for NS bug: dynamicly replaced IMG in ILAYER inside TD does not appear until NS4 window is resized
- Can I avoid ActiveX security alert if the page is for offline use only (not by renaming to *.hta)
- What is the difference between C++ & Java