faqts : Computers : Internet : Web : CSS

+ Search
Add Entry AlertManage Folder Edit Entry Add page to http://del.icio.us/
Did You Find This Entry Useful?

1 of 1 people (100%) answered Yes
Recently 1 of 1 people (100%) answered Yes


Is there an attribute in CSS like 'title' in HTML to show tooltips?

Feb 17th, 2005 09:43
Ben Gordon, Katrin Weineck, http://www.eskimo.com/%7Ebloo/indexdot/css/properties/generate/content.htm

No, CSS currently has no such property (it's use with a few exceptions 
is formatting not structural), depending on your need and what 
need supported you may be able to do something with the content: 
property, but be aware that it isnít supported by IE only NS 6 + & OP 
+ you can find the usage at the above reference URL 
It is also possible to use the :hover property to accomplish this.  
Take a look at the code at this site 
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/popups/demo.html and modify it 
to suit your needs HOWEVER be aware that IE is not going to 
support :hover on any 
element except ďaĒ