Title and META Tags Optimization
Jan 6th, 2010 09:06
ak webmaster, mark stallon, Aquabot Us, stop spamming
Tags appear on the top left corner of the web page. Defines title for
the web page and highlighted in search-engine results. Also, it provides
quick information about the page. Still major search engines give more
importance for the “Title Tag” information’s.
Simple procedure to develop perfect Title tag for your website:
* Prepare unique title tag for each page.
* Repeat the keywords within the title tag.
* Use “|” symbol to separate the keywords.
* Don’t exceed 63 characters since search engines gives priority for
the first 63 characters of title tag.
META Description Tags
Element provides short description or summary of the page. It is
developed for both search engines and human visitor purpose. Generally
in search results first two line of the content will be displayed as the
description. So create a meaningful description tag related to the page
information. When visitor get into search results page they will be
reading Title and two line description of each result to choose the best
Basic instructions to develop META tag for your website:
* Prepare unique META description tag for all the pages related to
* Repeat the targeted keywords twice within the tag.
* Don’t stuff the keywords.
* Make sure description length is not exceeding 170 characters.
Excluding Google other search engines are giving much priority for this
META Keywords Tags
Most of the crawlers are not supporting META keyword tag. This tag helps
to list the keywords targeted for specific pages. Only few crawlers
support this tag information’s.
META Robots Tags
This tag specifies whether search engine should crawl the content or
not. Crawlers index the page content when the tag is not filled within
the page. Most of the major search engines support robots tag.